Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Being in the situation - An Encounter

Things look so different when you are actually in the situation. This may sound cliche but it is true. I am not saying this because I have been through something similar (I must admit that I have been in one situation recently) but because there are times when you just can't act the practical (read suggested) way. Its not that you don't want to do it; its just that you can't do it - can't here doesn't mean that you actually can't do it but it means you don't feel like doing it. (Quite confusing isn't it - but I believe you have understood :P)

Some scenarios could be leading a normal life after a break-up (this isn't the reason I am writing this blog ;)), returning to football field after having broken your leg while playing football, saying no to something a beautiful girl asks you to do when you wouldn't have done it for anyone else, getting up early for some workout, spending time learning something on a holiday, etc.
All of the above are some scenarios when you don't do what you should ideally do but give in to the situation which - if you ask me - is perfectly fine as long as you don't regret doing it later. The reason I say this is that there are times when people have to decide; and at these times they either chose to do something or not to do them. The situations and choices keep coming - many a times people don't even realize that they had an option to chose as they just go through the flow, which is fine I guess.

So what brings me here to write this blog? It happens to be an ENCOUNTER. Encounter not in the real meaning but an encounter here means meeting your prospective bride/groom :). The term is not coined by me but is unanimously used in my friend circle. And yes I happened to have an encounter about a month back.
Now I am not going to talk about the details of the encounter but I will talk about something else. A lot of my friends are going through this phase and I am helping them find their right partner. Guiding them hasn't been that difficult as I always thought it is not that difficult to judge if he/she is the right person. In fact I had planned the way mine would go if any happened. But when the time actually came all my plans were left wanting; not because they were not planned well but because when I was in that situation I was caught in a hurricane of thoughts. And the thoughts revolved around things that I hadn't deemed that important earlier but at that moment it all took top priority.
Being in the situation really made the things look different. I knew this but never thought it could be so different... and that too with me. But I guess I was wrong and this encounter made me realize this.

2 comments:

Faded Glory said...

Welcome to the club :)

kunal singh said...

Nice to hear this from you :) :), I will second your thought. I don’t know but I fell any level of plans are not enough for this time (Encounter)…