Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Watching a movie alone

I am alone at home these days (starting yesterday and for some 10 days). Mom, dad and sister have gone out. Yesterday I decided to go out for lunch. I wanted some company so I started calling my friends to see if anyone could come down. I called some 5-6 friends one after the other but everyone was busy in something or the other and so I was all alone. I decided to go to Shipra Mall and have lunch. I was also thinking about watching a movie. But watching a movie alone was something I had never done before.
I reached Shipra Mall and went to KFC for lunch. After finishing the lunch I thought let me check the show timings. It was 1 PM and there was a show for 'Ishqiya' at 1:45 PM. I had nothing else to do so I bought the ticket. It was 45 mins to go before the movie started, so I started roaming around aimlessly. Since I had no one for company I started observing people. Groups of boys and girls entering and exiting shops, couples moving slowly holding hands, guys trying to get girl's attention, parents playing around with their kids, people waiting for their friends, sign of 'Sale' on almost every shop and many more things.
The entry to the movie area started and I went in. Still 30 mins for the movie to start. I now had a very limited area to roam around. And more and more people started coming in. There were couples lost in themselves, small groups laughing around, some families as well. The only person alone there was me. It was the getting very difficult to pass time. Of course there were a few beautiful girls around but they all had partners :P. Finally the movie theatre opened and people started getting in and taking their seats. I had a decent seat and since I had no one to talk to I hoped the movie is good. The movie was okay - no story as such but brilliant acting and screenplay. Moreover it had Nasiruddin Shah and Vidya Balan - 2 of my favourite actors.

It was my first experience of watching a movie alone. I had never ever imagined me watching a movie alone; but as I had nothing else to do and no company I decided to give it a try. Watching the movie alone is not bad but to pass the time between buying a ticket and the starting of the movie is very difficult, rather boring. Will I do it again? Like I say "Never say never"

1 comment:

Mr. Offender said...

It is still out of my thoughts to watch any movie alone......... big salute to you bro. coz i missed many flicks due to this reason...