Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A conversation between 2 parts of your mind/heart

Scenario: A friend has returned from a 2 week trip outside India. Its been almost a week and we haven't met yet

Participants:
M1 - one half of my mind/heart
M2 - other half of my mind/heart

Conversation:
M1 - She's back. I should go and meet her
M2 - She is back after 2 weeks. She would be busy
M1 - Then maybe I should call her and find out if she's busy
M2 - If she's anyways busy why bother her
M1 - How about dropping her a mail then. She can reply when she has time
M2 - She wouldn't check your mail right now
M1 - Why?
M2 - You had written to her sometime back giving your blog link. Have you heard from her on that?
M1 - No
M2 - Then?
M1 - She would have read the blog but might not have found time to reply. Or maybe she didn't want to reply on that as it wasn't something people should reply to. After all how many people have you heard from who were on that list.
M2 - Even if I take that why do you want to meet her?
M1 - Its been sometime since we had a good chat. And moreover I am looking forward to my gift
M2 - Are you sure you are going to get one?
M1 - I am hoping so... but not sure
M2 - Then why so much eagerness? You can wait for her to call.
M1 - But why shouldn't I call first?
M2 - Let look at it this way. If you go somewhere and get something for someone what do you do on returning? You call that person up and set up a meeting. You don't wait for the person to contact you. Right?
M1 - Hmm
M2 - And if there's no gift for you then you would be disappointed.
M1 - Actually not. That would set the expectations right for future
M2 - So you won't feel bad
M1 - Not at all. One shouldn't get upset over small things
M2 - Hmm
M1 - So what do you suggest? Shall I call her or wait?
M2 - Do whatever you feel like

Result: This post :)