Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Smitten by ads lately

There was a time when most of the ads (advertisements) were pretty boring or monotonous. But in the last 3-4 months the quality of ads has improved dramatically; in fact I couldn’t help but praise some of the ads. And for some I praise almost every time I see them. Here are few of my favourites –

Vodafone’s ZooZoo ad
The creatures are cute and their acting amazing. I initially thought they were animations and was surprised to find out that they weren’t. The creators of the ad have done a great job and so have the people who actually designed the dress of the ZooZoos. My favourite ad among them is the one which shows market crash.

Mentos Daddu ad
This one has been around for a long time now but its concept is nice. Nothing much to write about it. My favourite part in this ad is the last line spoken by monkey turned guy – “Daddu” and the expression on Daddu's face.

Maruti’s new ad
The new ad of Maruti is simply awesome. The baby is crying. Everyone tries different methods to make him stop crying but to no avail and he keeps on crying. The moment his mom takes him in her lap he starts smiling in fact laughing. And then the line from Maruti saying - ‘Bring a Maruti to only a Maruti service centre’ – icing on the cake

Havell’s wires ad
This has again being aired for sometime now but I still love watching the ad when the full ad is played. The ad conveys the message – ‘wires that don’t catch fire’ – in the backdrop of a boy’s care for his mother. Amazing.

Tata tea - Jagore.com ad
“Agar aap election ke din vote nahi de rahe to aap so rahe hai”. Superb. No words to express the brilliance of the ad in totality. Be it the concept or the way of presentation, it scores a 10 on 10.

But my favourite ad - Crabtree switches
Action speaks louder than words. Created in the lighter vein of the saying this ad is the best I have seen for a long time. In fact this is the ad that made me write this blog. This ad stresses on the fact that when you like something and believe it is the best you just can’t go for anything else. It also depicts that instead of trying to force the issue with people it is better to make them realize on their own. My favourite line – “A tea is a tea” within quotes. This ad is simply the best

No comments: