Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Traffic rules in Delhi

Recently I thought of learning driving (yes I don't drive yet). This thought occured to me when I was sitting in the cab on my way to office. Suddenly I saw a Qualis take a sudden turn in front of our car and our driver had to apply brakes bringing our car to a sudden abrupt halt. This prompted me to write this post; so this post is dedicated to all the people in Delhi who follow their own traffic rules which is as follows:

- If you have to take a right turn you should be at the extreme left lane and vise versa.
- The moment a Qualis or Travera gives an indicator they will turn. They don't have to care for other vehicles.
- If a bus blows horn its path has to be cleared no matter how far the bus is.
- If your lane is busy you can use the opposite lane.
- There's always scope for another lane.
- Two wheelers can get through even the slightest of space; the other vehicles need to adjust.
- On toll gates you are free to switch lanes and move between the lanes. You don't need a toll card to be in tag lane.
- You can park the car anywhere on the road; the other cars will manage.
- You can stop on the road to talk to someone on opposite lane.
- One who has the loudest horn can honk for as long as s/he wants.
- Lane driving is for learners.

The moment I think of starting driving my mind diverts towards the above rules and I drop the idea of driving. Maybe some day I will learn to follow the rules and drive on Delhi streets.

No comments: