Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

An evening with friends - the after-thought

In a previous post (http://strictly-my-views.blogspot.com/2009/01/evening-with-friends-events.html) I had mentioned about the events. There are lots of things in mind related to that evening.

I don't understand the relevence of stag entry. And I don't know if similar concept is there when it comes to girls although I think there isn't anything like stag entry in girls. To go to night club one needs to be with girls as if girls are access cards. And if I take any girl with me whom I may not know at all it would be fine but I need to be with a girl to enter the night club. Ridiculous. On the other hand a payment of Rs 500 or 1000 makes me eligible for entry. The whole idea is weird. Its good I don't dance or like to dance.

We went to Gurgaon as S was sure stag entry is allowed there. And when we reached there he was busy with his presentation. And then when we went out he didn't come with us as he had to finish the presentation ASAP. Work has higher priority than friends - understandable. But he had to finish early as he was going to Shimla with his college friends. Giving that priority over us - still understandable. But not conveying that to us before we reached his hostel - not understandable. It spoiled all the plans we were thinking of the next day. And not going to the disc even made me wonder why the hell did I go to Gurgaon; Delhi has lots of places to visit. Frankly speaking I didn't like the entire episode.

After we came out of TGIF I said I am not going to any other mall while others wanted to go. Finally I said you guys go and I will be staying here. They all went. D called me after some 10 minutes asking if I was comming and I said 'No'. In another 5 minutes they were back having gone to the mall having the discs but not going inside. I did not know whether to feel bad that they went leaving me behind or feel happy that they didn't actually go to the disc but returned as I was alone. And I still don't know. My point was I didn't want to go to the disc after having being turned down the first time.

2 comments:

zilcogol said...

"But not conveying that to us before we reached his hostel - not understandable"---> well I think it has to be made clear here that S actually did convey that he might not be available in the evening and since the plan was for the disc it would be appropriate to schedule it later in the night only. however since M did not want this meet for the sake of going to the disc only but rather saw it as an opportunity to meet with friends and have a nice evening together decided that the plan should begin in the evening itself and let S join in whenever he may feel like.


"My point was I didn't want to go to the disc after having being turned down the first time." --> Nobody turned you down. it was only decided by the group that paying that much for the entry is not justifiable. though the actual expense would coem to be similar or even higher at TGIF was expected but the EGO (of group maybe, but of M for sure) to pay for something available for free to those who are in a position to bring girls along.

"And if I take any girl with me whom I may not know at all it would be fine but I need to be with a girl to enter the night club. Ridiculous"-->
its simple business. you ( the group) did not enter addiction/suburbia because the atmosphere was not there. unless the disc owner restrict entry in order to ensure healthy proportion of male female ratio in a country like india (read male dominated/female oppresed, where females going to pubs and disc are taboo a recent managalore episode to testify the view) the atmosphere would never be there.

UnknownWriter said...

I wasn't told about his possible non availability. And if disc was not the main aim but meeting friends (as was my thought as well when I agreed to it) we could have planned that accordingly.

If you want to call it EGO well I tend to agree with it and that's exactly the point I was making (you have misinterpreted this part)