Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A song called "Bolo na"

I have made an observation over time that when I am listening to one of my favourite songs in my playlist there would be some disturbance inevitably. And that would happen specifically on a day when you put on your headphone specially to listen to some particular songs. I have never been able to get to the reasoning of this except for realising that this has to be more than mere coincidence because I have seen this happen over and over again. I am not sure if this happens to others also but I have been on the wrong side of this phenomenon. The disturbances range from the phone call of a sales person to the visit of one of your friends, from your teammate comming to ask you something or some phone call from someone after a very long time. And often the event that occurs is a rarity in itself but it chooses the perfect moment to take place. And it happened yet again as I write while listening to one of my latest favourite song "Bolo Na" By Sona Mahapatra.

One of the best songs I have heard of late and its my favourite these days. It managed to be the only song in my playlist for a good 3 days. The lyrics of the song are simply awesome. It so happened that a friend of mine sent me the song. The more I listen to it the more I want to listen. So a couple of days back I decided to do some research on the song starting with its lyrics. And I was unable to find the lyrics easily. After trying 3-4 different combinations for search I finally landed in a blog post where I found the lyrics. (here's the link if you are interested - http://komalthecoolk.blogspot.com/2006/11/bolo-na-lyrics.html). And from here only I got to know that this song has been sung by Sona Mahapatra and that this song was part of her debut album. I hadn't heard of her before. But then I don't claim to be very much interested towards music; its only that when I hear a song and like it I start researching about the songs. But then any day I would prefer to hear the likes of Hemant Kumar & Kishore Kumar compared to the modern day singers.

But this song here has certainly made me like it - so much that I am writing this blog here on it. The best thing I like about this song is its lyrics. Do go to the mentioned link to read the lyrics and I am sure you would be eager to hear the song once you read the lyrics. And do drop in your comments after you listen to the song.

No comments: