Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye 2009 - A year that was ...

Now that 2010 has arrived I was looking back at the year 2009. It was indeed an eventful year in many ways. It had its ups and downs but overall it was a good year. Let me go through some of the things that happened in the past year (and that I remember as I write this post :))

On the work front it was a year of great learning. Learnt .net 3.0 & 3.5 and got the chance to work in 2 technically challenging projects. Got selected for TRM domain and went through the basics of TRM. Got the chance to work with some highly skilled people and it was a great learning experience. The not so good thing was that I had to shift to Gurgaon office and that increased the travelling time a great deal.

On the travel front I had a few trips with family and friends. The year started with a trip to Jaipur with friends (http://strictly-my-views.blogspot.com/2009/01/trip-to-jaipur.html). Then in summer went to Palampur/Dharamshala with friends again (http://strictly-my-views.blogspot.com/2009/04/trip-to-palampur-summary.html). During Durga Pooja went to Kolkatta with mom (http://strictly-my-views.blogspot.com/2009/10/kolkatta-trip-and-few-realizations.html). And the year was rounded off with a trip to Rajasthan - Jodhpur and Jaisalmer (a blog to come on this soon). In between there was a weekend trip to Chandigarh as well (http://strictly-my-views.blogspot.com/2009/08/chandigarh-and-sleepless-night.html).

There were some strange but enjoyable get-togethers; strange because of different/unexpected reasons. A meeting in Gurgaon that didn't go well. Meeting Saurabh after quite some time had its share of bad news followed with some confessions. A get-together of office cab mates which turned from dinner to drinks. Meeting Suryakant after 9 years was great; but it also led to meeting aunty (Deepak's mom) after many years.

On personal front I bought a house which is indeed an achievement for me but the entire credit goes to my mom for all the effort. Moving to the new house was also great which included buying all the furniture. Watched a lot of movies this year - thanks mainly to Manas. Made some great new friends in Kunal, Minakshi, Shibendu, Sahil, Saurabh, Gaurav, et al. Did a lot of blogging and computer gaming. Read many books. By the end of the year got addicted to Facebook.

There were some downs as well the past year. My Mausi ji is no more. And a dear friend's sister also passed away. Couldn't attend a lot of marriages for weird reasons. Many friends went through heart breaks. I had a few clashes with friends.

But then every coin has two sides; and so does life - it has its share of ups and downs. And like I said at the start there were more ups than downs. And as I wish 2009 a goodbye I do welcome 2010 with lots of hopes and expectations and wish it turns out to be a great year in every way.

1 comment:

Faded Glory said...

Shall we say 'A good year!' ?
Cheers!