Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"That thing called Love"

"That thing called Love" by Tuhin A Sinha.
I read this book a few weeks back and found it quite good. The name of the book got me attracted towards the book and the summary also suggested towards an interesting story. This led me to buy the book and I don't regret buying and reading it.
The story revolves around a guy who is engaged to a girl but falls in love with another woman who happens to be older than him and married as well. Thery become friends - very close friends - and share their personal lives with each other. The guy doesn't say her that he loves her and everyone feels rather believes that he loves her but the girl doesn't realize. The guys 2 friends warn him against the consequences but he doesn't listen to them. His friends are caught up with their own troubles in their lives. The author captures the events beautifully. Every character and his story is well written although the main characters get the limelight but I really liked the way the other stories are captured. The book is a fast paced book and you feel like reading it on till you finish it.
The book has lots of things to talk upon and has the plot to be transformed into a movie. I will not go into the details of the story now :).
It doesn't look as if it's his first book. I would compliment the author for the way he has handles the complicated scenarios. It was a nice reading indeed.
I would give the book a rating of 8 out of 10.

No comments: