Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

A complete disgrace to football

I have been restarining myself from writing this post for more than a week now but I think I should write about it just to spare me the trouble of deciding whether to write it or not. This relates to the Arsenal vs Manchester City match last to last Saturday which City won and particularly to a player named Emanuel Adabayor (I hope I have spelled the name correctly). Adebayor had been with Arsenal for more than 3 years now and has grown as a player during this time. I must mention here that Arsenal happens to be my favourite team. This summer Adebayor moved to Manchester City in a big money move. Being an Arsenal fan I had started liking this player and I must say he is a pretty good player. And understanding football as a game it was perfectly fair on his part to move to a new club which is financially rewarding to him and where he gets to play good football. Every player would want to do himself good till he is on top of his form after which his value diminishes; so it doesn't matter what people say but you got to make the best of your playing days. Till this it goes perfectly fine and I have no issues whatsoever.
During the match Adabayor scores and runs the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. The fans have been booing him since his move - understandably so - and Adabayor is upset with this. So once he scores he gets his chance to get even with the fans and does this act out of pure emotion. And I can understand this. Although I would have liked him to show some respect to the fans I do understand that this kind of thing can happen in the heat of the moment and it is okay.
But what made me angry was when he tried to stomp Robin Van Persie on the face. Doing this to any player is totally un-acceptable but more so to your ex-teammate is absolutely disgraceful. This action of Adabayor really upset me. And the stomp nearly missed Van Persie's eyes which could have made it really dangerous. Had I been on the pitch I would have broken this guy's legs for sure. I am not joking but damn serious because this is how upset I was seeing his actions. All I can say is players like him are a total disgrace to football who lack the dignity to respect his ex-teammates and his old club which made him a star from a nothing player. Of course he had the talent but it was because of being at such a great club he got noticed and this is how thanks them. Its a shame.

No comments: