Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reliving those Golden Moments

How often it happens that people think of some old golden days and wish they could relive them. I, myself - given the chance - would love to relive some old days. I don't know what stops people from redoing those things; or maybe I know but am not willing to accept. They say certain things just happen once in a lifetime and they are meant to be that - once in a lifetime.

What prevents people from re-doing the things they would love to do once more? Probably they don't get the same circumstances; Or maybe they don't find all those people; Or maybe all the people can't come together; Maybe that was one moment of madness and now shouldn't be repeated; Or maybe that event took place accidently; Or maybe that moment was so perfect that trying to repeat it may spoil that moment. (Maybe these are some of the reasons why I haven't tried)

But you know what today I found out that those moments can actually be relived and people do that without knowing it. I came to this realization while comming to office today. Not that I hadn't seen it before but somehow it never stuck me; and today somehow the chord struck me. We were 3 people in the cab. We were having a conversation which led to one of us going back to her old days. It was at first just a mention. But then she started going over the details. Her facial expressions were changing as she mentioned the details and the things they used to do. And at that point of time she was actually reliving those moments. For the remaining 2 of us it was just an event but to her it was soemthing different; something whose true value only she could understand. And at that instance as she was narrating she had travelled back in time, doing those things all over again.

And now as I am writing this blog, I am going back in time.....

5 comments:

Manas said...

Relive or Redo?

Dono alag alag hain.
One can NEVER relive anything... not untill time travel is possible, which i believe will never happen. as per reliving golden past in your memories goes... its not exactly a relive.. its a figment of one's imagination of how things were, diluted with personal biases and limited circumstantial experience.

As of Redoing something.. if we assume that other external factors can be replicated, which i doubt is an easy task in itself, then its possible to achieve the physical and to some extent psycological portion of "redo" .. magar still it cant be the SAME thing.

UnknownWriter said...

Lets talk only of reliving. I can see where you are comming from and its no surprise in what you are saying. I completely agree with you on it as it is what most people feel. The day you see things the way I am saying you will realize what I mean. And for now I will wait for that day :)

Manas said...

and what makes u think that day will ever come?

for that matter what makes u think ithat day had not already passed?

Trip to South India said...

well witten:) keep it coming.

Trip to South India said...
This comment has been removed by the author.