Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

I was on paper :)

I was on paper today - Navbharat Times (Hindi newspaper) edition - 18th September 2009, page - 2, under the heading 'third umpire'. I had said a few lines about the Gurgaon toll plaza and my photo got published in the paper with my comments. The interview had happened yesterday when my cab driver had gone to renew hi pass. A reporter popped up from somewhere and asked me for my views. I said what I had to say. He asked me to lower the window glass so that my picture could be taken. I did so.
Never in my wildest dreams had I thought that my photo would be published. In fact I had even said my cab mate that the guy's gonna just tear that page. She had assured me that it would be printed. And it did. The moment I got in the cab today the driver said "Appki photo aayi hai paper mein". I said "What?" and he showed me the paper. I asked him if I could keep it and he agreed. So now I have the paper with me to show that I was in paper.
There's nothing to boast of I guess but somehow I am feeling pretty happy about it. I never thought this would give me so much pleasure; but I guess for once the child within me has awaken as it has got something to cheer about.

3 comments:

Minakshi said...

Well done!.Hence i
say BE+ve. You can surely treat me.

Mr. Offender said...

Awesome dude atlast you make it in Newspaper.......

Faded Glory said...

Cut out dekhna hai mujhe!